garage levels

Reaction score
ok, ive had it. i've read every item on the entire web and NO ONE knows how to solve the problem of low master levels when going from garageband to itunes. i spent a grand on this thing and im determined. FREE CD, (when it's mastered) to the one who has the definitive answer. cheers, mb x

Reaction score
Well, if the Master levels are set up right pre-export, then there shouldn't be any change once playback commences in iTunes. Check the iTunes Equaliser is correctly set.

iTunes ~> View ~> Show Equaliser

OP
B
Reaction score
eq/ levels

cheers, all levels maxed out. itunes eq set to flat/off. no sound enhancement, nothing. still get low levels after itunes. do i need to run the mixes through something after itunes to get them up to industry levels? cheers. mb x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
The tool to bring everything up to a decent level is automatic in garageband when you export. When in garageband, when going to export, instead of exporting to iTunes, try exporting to file. Then open said file in a different media program like quick time or something.

Is it the

(Just trying to find out if garageband or iTunes is at fault here)

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Well whenever I'm working on a project in GB, I use the Master Track and apply EQ to it and this helps boost the overall sound. I've never had any problems with with low volumes that I couldn't fix by tweaking the Master Track and added effects in the far right window that is normally hidden but will appear when you click on this button (see pic below).

picture_3-20071112-221257.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.