PDA

View Full Version : 10.5.1

Thundermoon1994
11-10-2007, 11:39 PM
I thought this was an interesting article (http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/11/07/first_builds_of_mac_os_x_10_5_1_pack_over_two_doze n_fixes.html). BTW, if this against forum rules, please delete this immediately.

~Damien

dtravis7
11-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the post.

The funny thing is I have tried everything I can think of and on My machines at least, don't have most of those issues. Only issues so far is folder and icon view when going back to the first folder. Sometimes the View messes up and does not change back to how I have it set. Otherwise nothing major here. Maybe some of it is machine specific.

PowerBookG4
11-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the info!

(why would this be against forum rules?)

Thundermoon1994
11-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the info!

(why would this be against forum rules?)

Because it discusses something that isn't public knowledge yet. It is, however, a rumor. The person writing the article does not claim to be a ADC member and therefore is not in violation of any agreement. I really didn't think it would be an issue, I just didn't want to get suspended or anything ;D.

I'm really anxious for an update. I really hope it fixes my AirPort issues.

Leukeh
11-11-2007, 06:38 AM

Yeah me too =\ Very frustrating...

bobtomay
11-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Yep, have airport issue also. Have waited until some fairly extensive experimentation before blaming it on Leopard, although did not have this issue with Tiger.

Mine just drops the internet. Still connected to the router and the lan. Just no internet. Plug in the cable, and internet is back. Have also found that I can just turn Airport off and back on, the internet is back.

schweb
11-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Because it discusses something that isn't public knowledge yet. It is, however, a rumor. The person writing the article does not claim to be a ADC member and therefore is not in violation of any agreement. I really didn't think it would be an issue, I just didn't want to get suspended or anything ;D.

You are linking to an article on another site, nothing wrong with that. The difference would be if you personally were writing about something for which you are under a NDA.

Thundermoon1994
11-11-2007, 07:30 PM
That's what I figured. :)

jhartford6
11-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Release date? We NEED this.

christm
11-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Because it discusses something that isn't public knowledge yet. It is, however, a rumor.

if you ever want to make sure - just check out the forum rules.

Chimpur
11-13-2007, 05:00 PM
I really hope this is released soon and fixes my problem! Though I'd rather it be a definite fix than a hasty attempt....

PowerBookG4
11-13-2007, 05:31 PM
i've never had a problem with an update, so I am sure it will be solid like the others, and I am sure it will fix a large number of problems with leopard, but everybody should not expect it to make leopard the perfect os, because it will still have problems which will follow with .2 and then . 3 etc.

MrChris
11-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm hoping the update addresses the networking issues personally.

Especially with Mac to Windows sharing and NAS sharing/access.

It's only the networking that has been my biggest gripe with Leopard as it stands (touch wood).

Chris :Smirk:

PowerBookG4
11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I've had a few networking issues myself, and I hope that 10.5.1 will fix these problems. Although they cycle on and off and is not a 24 hour a day problem, but they are there.

Only time will tell, can't be that much longer before this is released if the article is true and developers are testing it now.

dtravis7
11-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I've had a few networking issues myself, and I hope that 10.5.1 will fix these problems. Although they cycle on and off and is not a 24 hour a day problem, but they are there.

Just curious, what network issues have you had? You said they are intermittent. Reason I ask is so far here my my 5 macs and many PC, Networking has been fine. I am just trying to find out issues others are having.

Leukeh
11-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Just curious, what network issues have you had? You said they are intermittent. Reason I ask is so far here my my 5 macs and many PC, Networking has been fine. I am just trying to find out issues others are having.

The first couple of days of using Leopard, my AirPort would lose it's connection to the internet... to get it back, I turn it off then on again. Happened about every 10 minutes... very frustrating. But it seems to have worked itself out now... no clue how but I'm not complaining!

PowerBookG4
11-13-2007, 09:42 PM

from time to time, I am unable to connect to my airport using my MBP, but other macs in the house are fine, it only started to happen after the Leopard install. The other computer has tiger and there are no problems, they are equi-distant from the airport. That is pretty much it. I guess it could also be something that went wrong with my mbp, but after 2 installs i don't think it was the install, i'll wait til the update to find out if its a possible hardware issue, but i am on it now.. no problems in a week or 2.

cwa107
11-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Not sure if this is a repost, but 10.5.1 was released today (http://www.macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/apple_releases_mac_os_x_leopard_1051_update/)...

Z mann R2
11-16-2007, 02:54 AM
went smooth here