Wii to Viewsonic ViewDock VX2245wm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
This isn't mac-related, but I was curious if anyone has ever done this, and didn't know if I should put this in anything goes or here.

I saw some other questions on this topic but mine is a bit specific. I most likely will be getting a Nintendo Wii and want to hook it to a spare VGA port in my 1680x1050 Viewsonic ViewDock VX2245wm monitor, as I have my macbook plugged into the DVI port. Has anyone done this on a similar monitor? I realize Wii only outputs 480p so it won't be 1680x1050 but I just wanted to know if this was possible on my monitor and if anyone else has done it. Does anyone know of a cable I should get, I'm buying this system used and I believe I will be getting the nintendo component cable included in the deal. How can I convert that cable to VGA and will it still be widescreen 480p? Thanks for any input!! ;D

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Has anyone done this with any computer monitor at all?

Reaction score
Kind of done it

I've connected my Wii to a different LCD monitor via a component -> VGA adapter. By all rights it would've worked perfectly but for the fact that my Wii is a launch system with a minor hardware bug in it (This kind of problem). The adapters are hard to find and a tad expensive ($60 in my case, which was relatively cheap). I'd tell you where I got mine, but I got it almost a year ago and I don't remember what the site was.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm...thanks for the response. I'm buying this Wii used so that would be horrible if it had this problem. Do you know by any chance if this issue has been solved in newer models and when it was solved?

Also, I did a bit of googling and came up with this cable. Any thoughts on this? Anyone have this cable?

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just ordered this, hoping it will work. If it does I'll post about it here, since no one here seems to know much about it.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just got my order all the way from HONG KONG, and the cable works great! I highly recommend this product, works exactly as advertised.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.