Canon Driver...??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
Hi

As I anxiously wait delivery of my new iMac (it's shipped, I'm literally waiting for the delivery guy) I'm looking around for a half-decent all-in-one printer/scanner/copier.

Like the look of the Canon Pixma MP610 but was concerned about Leopard drivers. I contacted Canon and they just sent me an email stating that ...'at present it is only possible to download the printer driver for Leopard - so, for now, you would only be able to use the Pixma 610 as a printer'...

Has anyone else had this experience with Canon printers and Leopard - is there a way around it to enable the scanning functionality until Canon gets it fixed?

Failing that, any recommendations on an alternative all-in-one? Previously I've used HP but I just fancied a change. If HP have all drivers available right now for a comparable model, I'd have no problem going with them again.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I wish I knew the answer - I have the same problem. The printer worked great with Windows, but I've tried everything to get it to scan. Looks like my daughter will get yet another thing that doesn't work with the Mac. A bit discouraged overall.

Reaction score
I have read that Canon drivers for OS X are poorly written.

I have an IP4200 printer, but may change to HP next time round.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.