Parallels/Leopard question

Reaction score
1st post, 3rd day as Imac owner. I discovered right away Quicken 2007 for MAC is not going to work for me so after reading thru a lot of posts on this forum have decided to go with Parallels and load XP on my new MAC. I was loooking on the Parallels website and see they recommend a specific Build (5160) to run on Mac OS X Leopard. They say there is a known set of issues that limit some functionality and are working to address all known issues. That kind of scares me!! Anyone using Parallels with Leopard? Any issues/problems?? Any advice for a new MAC user about to install XP and Windows. TIA

Ron

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Intel 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM. Also; Intel Macbook 2Ghz, Intel MacMini 1.83Ghz
I am a relative newbie, switched 9 months ago. Parallels ran well under Tiger on MacMini but needed 2Gb RAM to be slick. Upgraded to MacBook Pro with Leopard, installed 5160 but several observations;
- Parallels hangs
- Machine goes to sleep parallels does not wake up properly - its like owning a PC :Grimmace:
- Pausing parallels takes time
- Time Out message when mounting C drive

That said, it works but it feels more flakey so I think Avanquest have some work to do.

XP installs a dream using the Express Windows install but I increased the memory to 768Mb min, leave all the other settings. Under V3 you don't need Bonjour to get the printer running, it installs a generic HP Laserjet driver as the default printer and this seems to work well.

Hope this helps....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.