Switcher need help with web page display

Reaction score
I just bought an Imac so I'm a newbie. When I load any web page they are displayed on only half the screen and appear narrower than they do on my pc. I've checked in preferences but don't see anything there that would correct this. Does anyone know what the fix is for this? Thanks everyone.

Reaction score
have you resized the browser window to see if it changes this for you?

To do this, just grab the bottom right hand corner and drag outwards or inwards.

picture_2-20071107-135849.jpg

OP
M
Reaction score
Geez I feel stupid. I tried to drag near that and just got the empty square that disappeared as soon as you let go of the mouse. I'm embarassed...thanks!

Next question is what is the best way to download word files from a zip drive made by a PC? My PC blew and the zip is all I have for now. I installed Mac word today BTW. Thanks again

Reaction score
Welcome to the community. No need to feel stupid. Everyone starts somewhere.

Without overwhelming you with technical detail, unless your PC was running a really old Windows install (like pre-Win 98), your Mac should be able to read the disk. Depending upon which model ZIP drive you have, you may need to go to the IOmega website and download the Mac version of ZIP tools. If you have a USB ZIP drive, connect it to your Mac and see if it shows up in Finder.

Good luck

OP
M
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. No need to feel stupid. Everyone starts somewhere.

Without overwhelming you with technical detail, unless your PC was running a really old Windows install (like pre-Win 98), your Mac should be able to read the disk. Depending upon which model ZIP drive you have, you may need to go to the IOmega website and download the Mac version of ZIP tools. If you have a USB ZIP drive, connect it to your Mac and see if it shows up in Finder.

Good luck

It's XP. I just can't seem to transfer the files on the drive to the documents area on MAC?

Another problem I just noticed is there are a couple forums I can't type in with safari, but I can in Forefox?This forum is no problem though. I talked with a couple other mac users on those forums and they said they never had any problems. I'm starting to think my factory preferences weren't set correctly? i know my mouse ran really slow untill I adjusted it. Thanks again for your patience, this is a very friendly forum!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.