Boot Camp Expiring??

Reaction score
Ok I bought my 20" imac this past friday and I was told that the Leopard cd wasing going to mail to me. Reading through some of the posts here, it seems Leopards screws up boot camp. From another post I read that boot camp will expire once Leopard comes out, which it did already. Will I still be able to download boot camp and not upgrade to Leopard (until it's fixed)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4", Core Duo 2.16ghz, 2gig of RAM
The version of Bootcamp that expired was the public beta. Leopard has the first final release of Bootcamp included so just wait until after you install Leopard to Bootcamp it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
and leopard does not "screw up" bootcamp
If you just install leopard leaving the bootcamp partition alone (which i did not do) you will be just fine. And I also remember reading something that said that the botcamp beta was going to expire at the end of the year, but I could be worng

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Like NPuter said, Leopard does not mess up anything. Apple Clearly stated many times that the BETA bootcamp would expire on the release of Leopard. The Beta might work for a while longer, but I have not tried it.

Leopard comes with the Final Release of Bootcamp. If you already have your Windows Partition set up, it will not be zapped or cease to work. You just can not run the BETA Bootcamp program now that Leopard is out to change your partitions. Install Leopard and go right on using Bootcamp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.