Not a good Imac start at all!

Reaction score
After buying my imac (this being my first ever) 20 inch 2.4 version. I had an instore upgrade to my RAM which took nearly 2 hours.....
Then when I got it home I started it to realise that Leopard was not install and no details about it?!
Im struggling to get my Broadband connection to stay on for anything longer than 5 minutes after which i have to restart my computer to restart....really annoyed, I hope things start to get better!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
After buying my iMac (this being my first ever) 20 inch 2.4 version. I had an in store upgrade to my RAM which took nearly 2 hours.....
Then when I got it home I started it to realize that Leopard was not install and no details about it?!
I'm struggling to get my Broadband connection to stay on for anything longer than 5 minutes after which i have to restart my computer to restart....really annoyed, I hope things start to get better!

With all the hype over Leopard and increased interest in Mac, the Apple Stores are a little busier then usual. two hour turn around on a hardware install is not too bad depending on the situation. As far as Leopard not being installed, with Leopard having just been released, there hasn't been enough time for manufacturing to start getting machines with Leopard preinstalled into the supply chain. Windows releases are worse cause it's doubtful you would get a machine preinstalled with XP to include a Vista DVD as well. I'd be happy with the free upgrade and let that one go.

As far as your broadband connection problem, how are you connecting? Direct into the modem, wired through a router or wireless through a router? Need to know the details before any of us can help.

-MikeM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.5 GB Ram
you shouldnt be to bummed about not having leopard... I still have tiger and dont want leopard

Reaction score
Very interesting... it should take no more than 5 mintues to pop a ram inside the iMac!

As for not coming with Leoopard... well the apple store should of give you the DVD for it... if not then you have to pay $10 to apple to do the up to date program.

As for connections... hmm I didn't have any issues when I opened up my iMac. Mine just ask me to type in my password to my wireless connection and it was up and running very smoothly (well except for the iMac freezing isssue).

Hope everything works out for you... trust me, once you get things going you will be in love with you iMac and wish it can go to work with you ;)

AIX

Reaction score
I did my ram upgrade myself (never pay Apple for RAM - it's 5x the cost) in 1 minute - doesnt even involve opening the case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.5 GB Ram
I did my ram upgrade myself (never pay Apple for RAM - it's 5x the cost) in 1 minute - doesnt even involve opening the case.

me too

Reaction score
Call Apple or chat online from apple.com

I to just recently purchased a mac (last week), once I got home and noticed leopard wasn't installed. Went to apple.com, told them i just purchased a mac and was interested about leopard. They pointed me to a website, filled out the necessary information and next thing I know Leopard was being shipped for 9.95(S&H).

After buying my imac (this being my first ever) 20 inch 2.4 version. I had an instore upgrade to my RAM which took nearly 2 hours.....
Then when I got it home I started it to realise that Leopard was not install and no details about it?!
Im struggling to get my Broadband connection to stay on for anything longer than 5 minutes after which i have to restart my computer to restart....really annoyed, I hope things start to get better!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

GIve us some details and we might be able to help.

OP
J
Reaction score
I have to admit....I love my new mac! after the problems i ve worked though they ve really got me flying... the broadband connection was the problem of bt cd which wouldn't install on a mac so I did it manually....Im flying its soooo fast, no problems and im really enjoying it! Ive not yet installed leopard....
any advice? do i do it online at apple store or request a cd?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.