Good Webcam with Sound for OS X

Reaction score
I'm a Mac Pro user and I missed the boat on the White Elephant of webcams, the iSight.

Now, I have no good choices for Skype and iChat.

Can anyone suggest a good webcam to use with these programs? I'm not immensely picky about video quality, but I need the unit to have a stable built-in Mic. I don't want to wear my geeky headset while on camera with people.

If this means getting a PC-designed USB camera, which one has the best driver suite, so it won't crash on me all the time?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Happily, you have not missed the boat. Go to eBay. There are still lots of external iSights available there.

I have an external iSight and I can vouch for the sound sensitivity and quality. Both are excellent.

OP
D
Reaction score
Getting an iSight on eBay has proven to be a major chore and a major expense. However, my wife found a seller on the local Craigslist who has a good price, but he hasn't gotten back to us.

So... can anyone vouch for the latest Logitech offerings, and will any of them work with iChat and Skype on a mac running Leopard?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.