G-Drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've always owned LaCie drives, most recently a 250GB external.

Now that Leopard has Time Machine, I took the opportunity to justify buying a larger drive. I picked up a 500GB G-Drive from my local Apple Store. I've always had great luck and confidence in my LaCie drives, but I decided to take a chance on the G-Drive after reading several good reviews.

I can say, that so far I've been very happy with my purchase. There's no real "setup" details, it's as easy as any external drive. When it comes to external storage, the two key factors are how quiet it is and the speed. I can say on both counts it's superior to the LaCie drives that I've owned. It's very quiet and the 7200 rpm drive makes transfer and access quite snappy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Congrats Schweb. I love the look of those drives, plus they go so well with the new iMacs.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have been thinking about getting another drive. I will have to look into a G-Drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am looking to replace my MyBook with a G-Drive, this thing is loud!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have two G-Drives and I love them. They are fast, quiet and dependable. Good choice schweb!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
so there arent any advantages over lacie? i was looking at getting a g-drive, but i ended up with a 500g quadra last week. I love it. This is my first firewire drive and I like it alot. Now I just need to fill it up. s

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.