• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

OT: Need help finding small clothes...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Hi All,

A friend of mine recently migrated to the US from Russia, but now finds herself in an unfortunate predicament: she can't buy clothes here because everything (even size 00) is too big.

In Russia she'd buy a size 24 (which is supposed to be the equivalent of 00, but it's apparently not)

Does anybody know of any stores that sell adult clothes (office attire, formal wear, and/or casual stuff) somewhere in the United States -- brick and mortar or online.

This is really bumming out my friend, who can't even find decent work without proper clothing... Please -- any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

J

RTP

Reaction score
Not sure what you have in the US, but in NZ some of my smaller female friends found the only places that sold clothes in small sizes were boutique-type Asian shops. Some of the shops where they design/make the clothes themselves have much nicer designs than the normal run-of-the-mill department store clothes too.

As an aside, I now live in Asia and a lot of my Caucasian friends complain that they have to buy extra-large sizes when they’d have been a medium at home... I guess it works both ways

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
I am 5'6" and for periods have weighed 100lbs... size 24 designer jeans are perfect. As for work attire that is a difficult one. The closer you get to the runway, the smaller you'll be able to find, though. Stores like express and the limited dont come anywhere near our size. I have a hard time cause the petite section caters to small and short, and i am not short. (well, not really)

so... i feel her pain. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.