• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Can Anyone Help With This

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
I keep getting this when trying to upload to YouTube From iMovie

any ideas?

1804279050_65613f2b54_o.jpg

Reaction score
I've gotta ask all the dumb questions like is the vid within the YouTube Upload limit? What is the file size? Have you tried saving the movie to your Desktop then uploading it to YouTube from within YouTube (using your web browser)?

OP
Bruki
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have tried downloading it to my desktop in avi m4v mov & mp4 but the problem is I recorded some screen capture with Snapz Pro X & it plays fine in imovie but when its downloaded to the desktop It only shows the video of me talking i recorded on the isight & then I can hear the audio of the screen capture but no picture?? , so I though I would try to upload direct to youtube to see if that helped.

any ideas?

The Screen capture part of the video I imported into imovie as a .mov file & As I say it plays fine in imovie but not when its exported in any format?

The file size ranges from 128meg in .Mov to 16meg in .mp4

Thanks

Reaction score
Well, the upload limit is 100mb so that doesn't sound like the root cause ...

let me get this right Bruki:

You say when you export to Desktop and play the vid, you first have audio/video then half way through or something, it goes to audio/no video ... is that correct?

OP
Bruki
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea that correct the first part of the video is me recorded with isight which works fine, then it goes onto a screencapture video (which plays fine in imovie) but all i get is the audio no video, then it returns to me filmed with isight again and this section is fine?

Reaction score
So, essentially your project is a mix of iSight Capture + Snapz Pro X + iSight Capture .. is that correct?

And the iSight stuff is fine in iMovie and when exported, but the Snapz Pro X stuff doesn't have any video when exported alongside the iSight footage?

OP
Bruki
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Spawn__Dooley;516841 said:
So, essentially your project is a mix of iSight Capture + Snapz Pro X + iSight Capture .. is that correct?

And the iSight stuff is fine in iMovie and when exported, but the Snapz Pro X stuff doesn't have any video when exported alongside the iSight footage?

Yep thats exactly it

Reaction score
Have you sorted this out yet Bruki? Have you been through iMovie prefs to check everything there? Have you tried removing the Snapz Pro segment and trying to upload it again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
A suggestion.

Create another project and edit your Snapz content in that.
Export it using the QuickTime option to a self contained movie.
Drag that movie into iMovie and try using it instead of the original Snapz content.

According to Apple, you should be able to mix different codecs and sizes (and I believe frame rates) in iMovie 08 and create working output. So you may have found a bug that should be reported.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Somehow double posted. Darn time outs!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.