• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sick of Comcast

Reaction score
Wow am I tired of this company. I went in to their office to complain about our lack of service. They give me a list of instructions to do, in order to get it back, even though nothing that happened that caused me not having it was my (or any of my roommates) fault. :Angry: Soooo, as I'm talking to Comcast man behind the desk I tell him, well that just sounds like a way too big of a hassle, and I should just probably go with another service provider. And he says "Yea, that would probably be a good idea" :Confused:

Any internet and/or TV companies you would recommend? I really am very tired of Comcast, last two months have been nothing but unreliability and problems. I need a fast Cable internet and a pretty good TV servise out here in California. Any opinions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I feel the same way, Comcast is run by a bunch of crooks! Ever since they bought out my local cable company the service has gone downhill, the prices have gone up, and my internet speeds have gotten almost DSL slow. I have been considering switching to satellite and getting internet through Hughes net if it is fast enough. Cost isn't really an issue as long as the speeds are fast enough.

OP
C
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. I just want a reliable Cable internet thats fast and some basic tv channels. Comcast is not Comcastic. Anyone?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The problem is you only have the choice of the current cable company or not. The only other solution is a DSL provider and Satelite TV. I don't believe you will get the speed you want for internet from a satelite connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
We had Comcast internet for a time. Reliability was awful, and speed was no better than Verizon DSL at the time. Eventually, tired of the continual outages, we went back to DSL, but then quickly migrated to Verizon FiOS, which has been excellent - reliable and FAST, FAST, FAST!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
AT&T is horrid.

I want Verizon FiOS :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Satellite isn't worth it. Its only good for download speeds, its gets 56k for upload speeds. So for every link you click, there is a long pause, then the page finally starts to load. At least, that's been my experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.