PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP only

CafeRacer
10-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Newbie question here, hopefully I won't upset anyone here with it. I really haven't used any apple computers before, so I don't know how to use it's OS, so I wanted to know if one can just install Windows XP on it and forget about OX?

Matt Deasay
10-29-2007, 07:17 PM
If you want to do that, then why would you buy an Apple. Why not just buy a new Dell or HP?

Oh and by the way, all the answers to newbie questions can be found using the Search button.

CafeRacer
10-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Honestly, I like the imac for it's looks plus it's all in one. I have enough cluter on my desk, so this would be perfect.

Matt Deasay
10-29-2007, 07:21 PM
What you want to do is run Boot Camp. More information about that can be found here or on Apple's website.

CafeRacer
10-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks, I will definetly look into boot camp, plus I plan to visit an apple store, I have some questions that I need to be answered before I take the plunge.

Kash
10-29-2007, 07:31 PM
What he wants to do is only run Windows XP. He doesn't want OS X on his machine at all. We've been through these sort of threads so often that I'm not even going to bother talking him out of it.

Here's what you do. Get yourself a copy of Boot Camp. Burn a driver disc. Quit the Boot Camp Assistant. Then pop in your XP disc. Restart and hold the "C" key. Windows setup will begin. Format the drive to NTFS and then install Windows. Once you're done installing, pop in that driver disc you made earlier. Run through that setup and you'll be good to go.

Have fun with Windows.

gotham
10-29-2007, 10:34 PM
SO SAD.... It makes me think of Transformers when the yellow car is being tide down and frozen. A Mac Dying Its just wrong. To have a near flawless machine running a OS that will be the flaw.

Any how best of Luck to you. But before you do it try the MAC OS for a few days you might just like it, if not then you can run windows

illusionist
10-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Do keep in mind that the keyboard layout is different. If you don't want to run Mac OS X, then you might as well just buy a PC laptop.

ChaePod
10-30-2007, 01:19 AM
just get a gateway all in one computer...

Getting an iMac JUST for windows is just plain wrong

MACyMouse
10-30-2007, 01:41 AM
Sad.... so so sad

Thundermoon1994
10-30-2007, 02:16 AM
What a waste of Apple engineering.............. the fact the Apples LOOK good is just a bonus. The real beauty IS the operating system.

MBNick
10-30-2007, 04:59 AM
How could you do such a thing on a perfect computer?