• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Youtube question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
This may sound like a no brain question to many.. But here goes.

What advantage is there to signing up for membership on youtube ?
Do you get better quality video ?
I Haven't a video camera so will not upload video is that the only advantage ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
Signing up for account just means you can upload videos, there is other little stuff like commenting on other videos & having favorites etc but I'm pretty sure theres no change in video quality

OP
Kilted1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Thanks for the info

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Right, you can comment and rate videos if you sign up. That is the only reason I did at this time as I have no videos to share right now, but love to rate and sometimes comment. I watch a lot of Music and Guitar Player videos and when someone is really talented I like to let them know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Another good reason to get a membership is you are able to view more videos.. Some videos you have to be 18+ to view.. A good example is I wanted to view some videos on piercing and you have to verify you are 18+ via your membership because they feel that piercing videos are inappropriate to some users.

OP
Kilted1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Point taken . ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.