emac monitor power up

J

jboult

Wondering if this is normal? My 1.25 emac is about three months old. Until a week ago I had always turned the unit off when I was finished using it. Last week I let it go into sleep mode for the first time, for about an hour and a half. When I returned and pressed the space bar to wake it up, the monitor flashed very brightly foe a very brief moment and then appeared to be fine. This only happens when it is in sleep mode for an extended period (> than an hour or so). After it goes into sleep mode and I restart it, it starts up quite normally. Again the flash or very bright screen is for a very brief moment (like a camera flash). Again is this normal or is this the start of a potential problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
i think its because of the charge that gets built up, when you turn it off without shutting it down(from power button) you also get a flash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
I have yet to notice that on a eMac. I think it will be fine though. You might want to check out the Apple Support Boards.

OP
B

BlackOpSniper

i think maybe you should go to system prefrences and change the refresh rate....it might be it i dunno!myne is on 89 hertz.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.