XBOX 360 controller HELP!

Reaction score
I bought an Xbox 360 wired controller to play games like Hitman Contacts, Spider-man 2 and some FPS on my MacBook Pro. I plugged it in and downloaded the driver for it. A preference pane with the 360 buttons layout shows that all of my buttons work fine. Since Hitman doesn't have an in-game option of gamepads, i used Gamepad Companion to map the buttons of the controller to the keyboard/mouse controls. In the game, everything works 100% except my right analog stick. This is supposed to control the camera, and it does to some extent. In gamepad companion, there are 2 mapping methods available for the controller. method 2 jerks the reticule around all willy-nilly. method 1 was a step in the right direction because it slowed down the aiming movement and i can control it perfectly. The problem is that my mouse cursor moves slowly and not as smooth as it does when i use the track pad. it seems like its a jagged, space-by-space movement, making my whole screen jitter when i aim. the trackpad still works when the controller is plugged in and that movement is perfectly fine. is there something im doing wrong? ive heard other issues of jittery aiming with controls on the copmuter but ive also read that some peoples xbox 360 controller work 100% fine. adjusting track speed of my mouse for the mac overall doesnt help, neither does fixing that in-game or through gamepad companion. HOW DO I GET THE RIGHT ANALOG STICK TO MOVE MY CURSOR SMOOTHLY WITH A HIGHER SENSITIVITY?? any help would rock.

OP
S
Reaction score
update on my problem

Ive been trying other games just recently. So far, Spider-man 2, Halo and Prey have all worked 100% with my Xbox 360 controller:D . All I have to do is adjust the mouse sensitivity in the actual game menu. Sounds like it make sense right? Well doing that in those games fixes my problem but I'm still having this issue with Hitman Contracts. I maxed out the sensitivity of the mouse in the game but it doesn't alleviate the slow and useless aiming. Its not twitching randomly but it moves across the screen slow enough to affect gameplay. Its as if its moving small incrimates at a time rather than a smooth sweep across the screen. Thes short little incrimates make my screen slightly shake instead of smoothly moving across screens. What gives?? is it hitman contracts? is it me? help please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
It sounds to me like the right analog stick isn't zeroing correctly...that's why you're getting some movement even while not touching the stick. Maybe Hitman isn't taking the zero position from Gamepad Companion correctly?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.