Sound issue in Leopard/Boot Camp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2019, apple watch 5, iphone 11 pro max, ipad pro 12.9 inch 2nd gen. air pods, numerous
hi. just installed leopard :)
and then updated bootcamp in windows vista by using the leopard installation dvd. now i have no sound in windows vista. the sound was terrible prior to the upgrade, jerky and inconsistent, but i have none now. during the installation realtek was removed and ? sound was installed. the computer can't find the drivers for the new sound.
i went to the apple website but support for leopard os doesn't exist as yet.
any ideas?
what i'm going to do now is reinsert the dvd just to find out the name of the multimedia sound so i can go to their website for solutions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You may have better luck tomorrow after Leopard has gotten into more hands.

OP
Starzz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2019, apple watch 5, iphone 11 pro max, ipad pro 12.9 inch 2nd gen. air pods, numerous
no not pirated...delivered by courier mate.
still have no sound in windows. the sigmatel website was very unhelpful.

OP
Starzz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just to add info...i discovered i do have sound on bootcamp partition vista. maybe it is still tiger and not leopard. i installed it before leopard and didn't install the leopard drivers, however i have a lot of other problems with it. i'm really over the whole thing and i'm thinking of giving up on the whole windows/mac thing and keeping my pc as well as the mac for windows stuff...and keeping windows xp pro rather than vista.

OP
Starzz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
problem solved today!
i just reinstalled vista in parallels and now have sound and everything is working!
still have heaps of problems with boot camp but now i don't have to use it, all the windows stuff i need works fine in parallels.
happiness :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch display, 2.4 ghz intel dual core processor, 2 gb. of memory, 256 hd graphics card
I am having sound problems and some graphics issues with windows vista home premium running on boot camp i am thinking its just a simple driver issue that microsoft needs to work out. Except for watchin movies and listening to music my windows partition is working good. Anyone else having issues with sound or video in vista?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.