Boot Camp File Share

Reaction score
In the Leopard version of Boot Camp can you share data between the two OS's like my music, video and stuff. And anything I change in OSX will be reflected in Windows (Vista) and visa versa?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4", Core Duo 2.16ghz, 2gig of RAM
OS X cannot write to NTFS without third party software and Windows cannot read or write to extended/UNIX filesystems (HFS+, EXT, etc.) without third party software. So, without installing anything extra, you can copy files from Windows while in OS X, but not the other way around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
If you have a FAT32 drive, then OSX can write files to that, but you still won't be able to copy to a Mac OS drive while in Windows. You may want to invest in a flash drive of some sort if you need to move data around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
So in other words... if I have all my pictures and music stored on an external drive... I can run iTunes on either computer and it'll read the music from the external drive? I don't need to put my music on both platforms??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I would think it would only do that if you told iTunes that that is where your library is. Not sure how to do that though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
MACyMouse, that actually sounds like a good idea, but NPuter is right... you'd have to tell iTunes where all of the music needs to go on both the Mac and PC side. Once that is all set, I don't see why it wouldn't work just fine! Just be sure the external drive is FAT32 formatted, not HFS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Well that seems easy enough to do! LOL!! Atleast it saves room on my mbp's hd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR3L RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
No fear leavemealone, for there is a simple solution. On Windows, simply purchase or download MacDrive 7.10 from Mediafour. This program will let Windows read AND write to OS X partitions. As for the other way around, go here http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76246 for a great program that will let OS X write to NTFS, I've been using MacDrive for over a year now and I can assure you its the best thing thats happened to me. As for the other file (NTFS for Mac), it's still in Beta, but I have had no problems so far.

Good Luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.