questions about creating a music cd

Reaction score
I'm looking for some help. I've created a movie using imovie for a friend of mine that I burned onto a dvd. Now I'm looking at making a cd to include music that was featured on the dvd. I need to know what program should I create this in? Can it be done in imovie? The thing is...I want to be able to include some bonus material like the have on cds you buy in the store. Pop it in the cd player and listen to the music but put it in the computer and you can watch some video or some interactive things.
With that said...One of the things I couldn't do was import the couple of videos I purchased from itunes into imovie and was told it was because of a copywrite problems. I was also told that there are programs that can help me get around this. I keep looking and come up with the same answer..."search other forums". But that's getting me nowhere doing that. I know this is a two-part topic, one of which pertains to music while the other pertains to movies and should probably be posted there but I was hopeing someone here might be able to help me out. Thanks for the help-b.

Reaction score
Yes but maybe No

Assuming that you want to create a Cd of music and sounds from your imovie file, I'd recommend extracting the audio which is basically selecting and pulling the audio onto your desktop. From there you might want to edit the aiff files or convert them into an mp3 format using itunes.

If your looking to create an interactive dvd menu face with spots to play mp3's
try iDvd.

OP
N
Reaction score
I guess I'm looking for help as to what I can do with it. I like the idea of the interactive dvd option but that's not as important as the music being able to be played in a cd player or on the computer. Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Reaction score
Dvd's that are formated to play movies can't additionally be worked to play in stand alone Cd players. Although this can change if you intend on viewing from a computer, because then you could make a Data CD.

Create chapters on the dvd what only have music,
Or glue a cd and dvd together.

:Evil: :Evil: :Evil: :Evil:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.