I'd like to know...

Reaction score
I have a friend who's an Apple fan and he suggested buying a Mac for my next computer because my current laptop is rather outdated.

I figure that the best people to ask would be knowledgable mac users - Although I'm not interested in why Macs are better computers than PCs. What I am curious about is whether or not OS X is superior to Windows XP and/or Vista, and how. I've used a variety of OSes including Gentoo, Ubuntu, XP, Vista, (which should say I am quite knowledgable about how an OS works, having set up Gentoo all by myself!) but never had a good chance to try out OSX. I've used it for about 20 minutes on my friend's laptop, not long enough to have any valid opinion on it.

I'm quite open-minded so sway me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I don't know where you live, but a trip to the Apple Store (or other reseller) would probably be the best thing for you. There you can try it out for yourself.

I work on XP all day at work; system admin. I have a Mac at home and would hate to go back to XP at home. The saying, "it just works" is for the most part very true. Give it a try and I bet you would enjoy using OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Dude... macs are slow, expensive, and there is no software for them :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I am curious about is whether or not OS X is superior to Windows XP and/or Vista, and how.

Simple.

It isn't.

OS X isn't superior to Windows and Windows isn't superior to OS X.

It all comes down to your personal preference and what works best for you.
Superiorty is purely subjective and a matter of opinion, not any hard fact.

Reaction score
the reason I preffer osx is, although it works just as well as my pc with xp... it does it consistantly, =\ and my pc isnt some pos, its a well built (by me) amazing machine...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.