Vm + Iis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not... If I'm in error, I hope the mods will assist me by moving this thread where it rightfully belongs...

My general question is this: are virtual machines "seen" by OSX like another computer on a normal LAN, or are they treated differently somehow?

My specific question pertains to ASP scripted web pages. I plan to run IIS within a VM, and might tool around within the Windows shell from time to time for testing -- but I'd really like to stay within OSX as much as possible. Ideally, I'd like to write my pages using a Mac text editor and save to a location within the Windows VM... And then view my results by typing into the Safari or Opera or whatever http://virtualmachinename/sitename/

Is this possible?

Thanks!

J

OP
spilio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Perhaps I need to rephrase my question...

Can I create a shared folder "inside" a virtual Windows that OSX can mount and read and write to?

Thanks!

J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.