Turntable/Scratch Program for Mac?

Reaction score
As there a program for Macs that will work as a turntable of sorts? Where you can have to records playing at once, a steady beat on once side and you can scratch and mess with another song player over the beat?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
There's mixing programs. I don't know how well a virtual scratch would work. Nothing beats an actual set of tables.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
i have been using a mix of program for a wile and well found nothing 2 wright home about so i recommend spending sum cash and going for a hardware option something that will put really dj controls at your hands but still run from your mac i recommend for a beginner/new to mp3/laptop dj'ing something like this Behringer B-Control Deejay BCD3000 with Traktor 3 LE DJ Software look on a dj supply site for your area

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
serato scratch live uses time coded records as a midi controller. www.scratchlive.net
tracktor scratch was just released and does the same thing, with a few more features. serato is for the 'true turntablists' not the computer junkies. it has very few digital features, but is 100% crash free if you follow their instructions. There is also virtual dj, which is the candy of dj program's. it does autobeatmatching, autoscratching and tons of effects.
I only trust Serato with my events, but then again I started out on Vinyl.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2Ghz, 2GB ram, 500 gb HD
i have been using a mix of program for a wile and well found nothing 2 wright home about so i recommend spending sum cash and going for a hardware option something that will put really dj controls at your hands but still run from your mac i recommend for a beginner/new to mp3/laptop dj'ing something like this Behringer B-Control Deejay BCD3000 with Traktor 3 LE DJ Software look on a dj supply site for your area

yeah, Traktor 3 is def. a good program. I highly recommend it, if you do any type of mixing with your computer. You should also check out some Native Instruments other hardware/software. There is also FinalScratch made by Stanton.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
final scratch just dropped their support and stanton is working with tracktor for traktor scratch. final scratch was the first timecoded vinyl to become popular, but rane's serato is the industry standard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 2ghz Macbook | 80Gb Ipod
I have Virtual DJ on my macbook, not a frequent user but dabble in it a little when bored and it works really well. Traktor is the one to go for tho as thats what the majority of professional mix dj's use when creating mixtapes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
Traktor is the one to go for tho as thats what the majority of professional mix dj's use when creating mixtapes.
LOL says who? Rane Serato Scratch Live was just voted the top DJ software(nonproduction) by DJ Mag, who also runs the 'dj of the year' which is a very very very large pole. The new Traktor scratch is better on paper, but the software interface is cluttered, and there is not as much support. Rane admits their software will not crash if you have a proper computer and no corrupted music. Thats why I chose it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Sorry guys. Serato is it.

All the DJ's I've met that scratch digital without CD turntables scratch Serato.

Traktor is a great program for Digi DJ's that want just a computer and a music library to fool with and no extra hardware or skills.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
^^ I'd listen to these guys...especially david, seems to know what he's talking about :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
^^ I'd listen to these guys...especially david, seems to know what he's talking about :)

And I am part owner of a small studio that caters to the hip hop genre over everything else right now. We've put on shows with Mike Jones and Papoose as well as worked with talent from all over the area. I see plenty of DJ's. In fact, we have one that almost lives in the studio. He uses the Serato program with my turntables.

O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
HAHA I did a show for Papoose. Anyway, I run a DJ company that is now becoming a video production/touring company. www.djgateway.com if you want to take a peek around. Anyway, people steer away from serato because it is not pirateable to demo, and $500 solid priced.
Today they actually released their 1.8 version beta, which now supports MIDI interfaces. They take it slow to make sure everything is concrete.

I may be a newbie here, but I guess you could say I have been around the block in Digital DJ Land. I've tried almost all of the mainstream packages, and this is the best if you can afford it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.