• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

OMG Oink Has Been Shut Down!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
I went to oink this morning and it has been shut down by the IFPI & BPI along with some help with various police forces. What to do now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
I went to oink this morning and it has been shut down by the IFPI & BPI along with some help with various police forces. What to do now?

pay for music...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
Go to a shop & buy what you want like the rest of us

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard

iTunes Music Store. 99 cents is pretty cheap for one song. If you must steal, i'm sure the internet is full of other outlets for your criminal activities. Google is your friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

OMG!!!!

Wipe your hard drive clean because they now have your IP Address and will be coming for you soon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
OP
SunsetRoadzter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OMG!!!!

Wipe your hard drive clean because they now have your IP Address and will be coming for you soon!

I will this friday when I install leopard, So know big deal. Everybody has at one point downloaded a music for free so stop flaming me. I don't think there going to travel to america to grab a redneck for some music anyways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
*Everybody has at one point downloaded a music for free so stop flaming me. I don't think there going to travel to america to grab a redneck for some music anyways.*

Sorry!! I haven't I buy mine :Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I will this friday when I install leopard, So know big deal. Everybody has at one point downloaded a music for free so stop flaming me. I don't think there going to travel to america to grab a redneck for some music anyways.

The MAFIAA is already in America, they don't need to travel anywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Oink, Smoink.
Everyone knows there are millions of places for you to risk your monetary future at.

OP
SunsetRoadzter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I seriously doubt there going to come grab me for getting 20 songs I was only a member for about a week now. Oh well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I am guessing that Oink was a modern day equivalent to the early Napster, an illegal downloading service? I had never heard of it until this thread.

Sorry, like several other posters, I buy my music, usually not even on line. Buy the CDs and rip 'em!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook:: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo::1 Gig of RAM::160 Gigabyte Hard drive::10.4.10
They can't bust you for downloading music illegally (except for those rare cases where someone has racked up 50,000 downloads since the year 2001). On the other hand, if you're the one making the files available for illegal download....

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
What next, LimeWire? - LOL, pay .99 for a song!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
isn't this thread against forum rules? Especially since one person openly suggested an illegal downloading service to the OP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
isn't this thread against forum rules? Especially since one person openly suggested an illegal downloading service to the OP?

What illegal software was suggested? If your talking about Limewire, that is not illegal.

About OINK being shut down, it was bound to happen. Many trackers have faced legal troubles and were taken offline. The Pirate Bay is probably the only one who hasn't been taken offline because they are based in Sweden.

Because of forum rules, I am going to assume you were using the OINK tracker for legal reasons. Search Google for another tracker. There are tons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
From my understanding of the oink way of working - the site was by invite only (hoping that nobody invited the authorities). They guy who was arrested has been done so for making available music for download before it has even been released.

Its wrong to steal but god knows how he got his hands on as many of these things to make available for download. It hurts the industry when people steal music but its going to cripple them if people are getting their hands on it before the ink has dried on the cd covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.