Weird folder issue?

Reaction score
think I am in the right section of the forum….
I am an IT Manager for a small company that has a Windows 2003 server and 4 Mac clients that are bound to Active Directory. Three of my Mac’s are PPC and the other is Intel (not sure if this has anything to do with the problem either….just pointing out the differences). I am thinking it might be a Protocol issue.
The problem I am having is when the Intel user creates a folder on his windows mounted drive(share), sometimes it displays it twice on his finder but when I check it on the server or the other Mac’s it appears to be fine. This happens when a second folder in that share is created. So if he creates a folder called “test” it shows up and then another folder called “test2” he will see the folders until he clicks on the second in the list and it will display as “test” and the other “test” with all the same data inside. No “test2” displays at all…..but when you look at it from another computer both “test” and Test2” are fine.
As you can imagine it driving the both of use crazy…………. any way to fix this?
Hopefully, I have explained this clearly, if not I can provide more detail…
RET

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.