I am so happy with Apple

Aby

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4Ghz 2GB ram
Hi Everyone,

I posted a few months back to get information on switching to mac after a lifetime with PC's. I took the plunge, and got myself a 24" imac. It seemed to take forever to arrive, but I was so happy when it finally did. I loved it right from the start, but....

I initially started with a few freeze ups in WoW. Thinking it was just software, I ignored it. A few weeks later, I ended up with multiple graphics glitches, freezes in other programs, etc. I called applecare and after a few calls, we finally narrowed it down to a hardware fault. Then I found out that the company in town here that is Apple Certified, doesn't currently have a tech, and they'd have to send the unit away to another store, which could take 3 weeks or more. Needless to say, I was bummed.

But, I called applecare again, and asked to have the unit replaced rather than repaired, and although I was outside the 30 day DOA clause, they made an exception and will be shipping a new one for me as soon as they receive my current one back. They were all very nice to me, and I'm so happy with their service.

I'll have to wait another few weeks to get the new one, but the wait is definately worth it.

Just wanted to share my story! Thanks again for all your help!

Aby :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP | Mini | iPOD
I love exceptions :) I am glad it is working out for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
You'll get Leopard with that aswell... seems like a good deal :)

Although, doing without for a few weeks sucks.

OP
Aby

Aby

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4Ghz 2GB ram
Oh Wow,

I never even thought of the leopard thing! That's a cool bonus for the trouble I guess! =

Aby

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.