Garageband Help

Reaction score
I am recording audio through input line and Garageband will only record up to an hour and 6 minutes and I can't get it to record any more. Is there any way I can extend the amount of recording time I need more than 2 hours, and I need it to run right into it without stopping and starting the recording again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
FYI - this thread will be moved to the music creation section shortly, but, since I'm here:

when you create a new project, set the tempo to the lowest possible setting, I think it is 40. That will give you many hours of recording time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
I think another way to acheive it is before you start recording, scroll ALL the way to the right. At the top (timeline) you will see a purple marker. Drag that further right (as fas as you need to)

:D

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're in it...sorry, I meant "Music and Audio"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think another way to acheive it is before you start recording, scroll ALL the way to the right. At the top (timeline) you will see a purple marker. Drag that further right (as fas as you need to)

:D

~~ TS ~~

TS, you may be right, but I'm pretty sure there is a limited number of measures for any one track in Garage Band, so if the tempo of your track is, say, 130, you have a finite number of measures, even if you scroll over to the right in the beginning. I could be wrong though. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
As i say it was only a "I think" reply :p Ive been using logic for a few weeks and garage band has completely disappeared from my knowledge :D

Well hope it works dude :D

~~ TS ~~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.