Please Help Problem Installing Osx

Reaction score
I have an Imac G5 17” Intel Core. For some reason I was trying to be clever and I decided to install windows XP on to the system. I put in the xp cd, formatted the whole 160GB drive using ntfs, installed xp and windows in now on the system. I want to now delete xp and install OSX tiger 10.4.6 but for some reason it does not work. I have put the osx in the mac and I boot the system holding down c, but nothing happens. It just goes to the xp start up screen and loads xp.

Please Please help.

Thanks

OP
C
Reaction score
I have an Imac G5 17” Intel Core. For some reason I was trying to be clever and I decided to install windows XP on to the system. I put in the xp cd, formatted the whole 160GB drive using ntfs, installed xp and windows in now on the system. I want to now delete xp and install OSX tiger 10.4.6 but for some reason it does not work. I have put the osx in the mac and I boot the system holding down c, but nothing happens. It just goes to the xp start up screen and loads xp.

Please Please help.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Why would you install Windows over a Mac? You should of used Boot Camp, and Mac's are not for this Windows only purpose

Ring Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 Ghz 4GB RAM OS X 10.5.1
Why would you install Windows over a Mac? You should of used Boot Camp, and Mac's are not for this Windows only purpose

Ring Apple.

MBNick said it well. I'm surprised you even got XP installed successfully on your computer. You might need a hard-drive chief.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.