First Bill

Reaction score
I have not received a hard copy of my first bill yet, but the online balance is reflecting a total of $159.xx. I know there is a $36 activation fee and my plan is $59.99 per month. Is this normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Any "first bill" is likely to be a bit scary. I wouldn't get too upset until bill #2. In general, with $36.00 to activate, ~ $60.00 for your plan (up to nearly $100 now), and then those usurious taxes and fees (probably another $25.00 or so), you are getting close to the bill amount you see. Add in another startup fee somewhere and you are probably there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Not to mention your first bill could be for 5-6 weeks instead of the usual 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
Don't forget to mention that the first bill will reflect a heightened enthusiasm over the new iPhone. Theoretically, once the newness factor dilutes, the cost will follow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Also, with AT&T you pay for the month ahead of time. Your first bill also includes on a partial month of service for your actual first month.
So... your bill is:
Activation fee
partial first month
first full month
taxes and fees

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD dual 1ghz, 2 gigs RAM; 5.5G iPod, 2G iPod Shuffle
Also, with AT&T you pay for the month ahead of time. Your first bill also includes on a partial month of service for your actual first month.
So... your bill is:
Activation fee
partial first month
first full month
taxes and fees

I don't know what plan you are on, but I pay for the previous month.

Example:

Billing Cycle for September ended on 09/26/07, and the payment for September is due 10/16/07.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I don't know what plan you are on, but I pay for the previous month.

Example:

Billing Cycle for September ended on 09/26/07, and the payment for September is due 10/16/07.
I don't have AT&T, but when I worked for AT&T Wireless, the billing was at the beginning of the cycle. Billing is due at the beginning of the cycle, however there is a grace period to pay before late charges are incurred.
If extra charges were incurred during your billing cycle, those charges are then added to the following bill.

Unless the policy has changed, the first bill I described was accurate for a first billing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.