• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Water heaters

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
When it rains, it pours. Now I need to replace the water heater. Was wondering why the hot water was only warm. With the garage full furniture (daughter's). I was not able to see the leaking water heater. Took a look notice a little water, also notice the pilot light was not lite. After moving half the furniture, I saw a major leak (ouch! :mad: ). Called Lowes, they want $229 to install, and I will have to get the permit, Home Depot want $218 and I need to get the permit. They are stating about three days before I can get it installed. I am thinking about getting a tankless water heater. With seven individuals in the house, no hot water is going to be a problem. :(

Why do I need a permit. I guess I will calling the city in the morning. Hopefully I can get this done, as soon as possible.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It just occurred to me I guess, I won't be looking at new Apple hardware this year. :(

But Panther is in my budget. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
wow man, thats no good :-\ but atleast you can get ur panther

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I've read not so good things about tankless water heaters. It seems you run out of hot water when other things that require water are used. IE : Cold water in the shower when you flush your toilet.

I would go to www.doityourself.com and do a little reading. They have a great forum there.

Also check out servicemagic.com for finding people to do work for you.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Emrys for the suggestions. I have a friend that can install the water heater. So my plan has changed, I will get a regular water heater but larger. My doing that I can get it installed today, instead of a couple of days. :)

The women in the house will be happy. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
What kind are you getting? I hear the Marathon are the best to get.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, all is good now. My friend install a regular water heater. I decided to upgrade from a forty gallon to a fifty gallon. I did not go with the tankless water heater, because my friend could not install it. The old style he could install today, the other would take several days. Since I have several women in the house I chose the old style heater.

So, it looks like it will be a while, before I will be able to get the Apple computer with the 64 bit processor. :(

S

Stanley

Yeah ! We men don't need warm water ! But women on the other hand... :)

I have a couple of them running around in my house. I know what you're talking about... :)

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.