serious help with bootcamp

Reaction score
i installed pc to my macbook and now the only thing that comes up is pc i need helP on how to get my mac back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Press and hold "Option/Alt" while booting up. This will show you the boot menu with two disks, OS X and Windows. Boot from OS X.

Then go to system preferences, Startup disk and select "Macintosh HD" or whatever it is your mac disk is called. Done.

Reaction score
What happens when you restart the computer and hold down the option key? If you see Macintosh HD & Windows, select Macintosh HD, then it will boot into OS X. Go to System Preferences and change your startup disk to your Macintosh HD. Or, if you're in Windows, go to your Control Panel and select Startup Disk, then select Macintosh HD.

If you hold down Option when you reboot the computer and don't see your Macintosh HD, you formatted the wrong partition when you installed Windows and erased OS X. If that's the case, you'll need to boot from your startup cd (insert the cd, reboot the computer, and hold down the C key as it's restarting, go to Disk Utility, format your harddrive as HFS+ (Journaled), and reinstall OS X.

Reaction score
What happens when you restart the computer and hold down the option key? If you see Macintosh HD & Windows, select Macintosh HD, then it will boot into OS X. Go to System Preferences and change your startup disk to your Macintosh HD. Or, if you're in Windows, go to your Control Panel and select Startup Disk, then select Macintosh HD.

If you hold down Option when you reboot the computer and don't see your Macintosh HD, you formatted the wrong partition when you installed Windows and erased OS X. If that's the case, you'll need to boot from your startup cd (insert the cd, reboot the computer, and hold down the C key as it's restarting, go to Disk Utility, format your harddrive as HFS+ (Journaled), and reinstall OS X.

What happens if you do install windows and erase os x? Will your windows run properly with no problems? And how will the mac keyboard work with that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Well if you have done that, then you had better restore it to factory settings, that is, boot from the CD by pressing C and then installing OS X all over again. You don't really lose any of the keyboard shortcuts, cause the BIOS is emulated by the EFI of the Mac. The EFI stays intact which means your keyboard shortcuts stay intact.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.