• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

anybody buy from this website?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
http://www.expresscameras.com/

wondering if anybody has bought from this website, it looks too good to be true so wanted feedback before i gave them $1000 and never got a camera which i will need for school.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
www.reselleratings.com
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Express_Cameras

If it's too good to be true, it probably is. There's a ton of camera store out there that are just big scam factories. They'll charge you cheap for a camera, but it comes in a brown obx with nothing else. Charger $200, battery $200, etc...That or when you order they'll call for order confirmation and try and sell you all that stuff. If you don't buy it they tell you the item is on backorder and you'll have a hard time getting a refund. Best advice for buying cheap camera gear is http://www.bhphotovideo.com They have some of the best ligit prices and best customer service out there.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
thanks for the reply, bhphotovideo.com is a place where I have bought most of my stuff, but that one place was selling the camera for $1000 less, and if its true that it comes with no batteries or chargers thats fine for me because I don't need those.. i already have them that will work with this particular camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
thanks for the reply, bhphotovideo.com is a place where I have bought most of my stuff, but that one place was selling the camera for $1000 less, and if its true that it comes with no batteries or chargers thats fine for me because I don't need those.. i already have them that will work with this particular camera.

That's not the point. They'll tell you it's just the body, try and sell you the other stuff, if you refuse, they'll tell you it's on indefinite backorder then sometimes they still charge your card. Read the links. You'll see that even if you just want the body, you're probably not going to get it.

They sell the Rebel XTI for $269. There's no way what so ever that a new XTI will ever sell for that amount. By the time that Canon finally phases them out, they'll still not drop below $500 from a reputable retailer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.