• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

When should I buy?

Q

Quack_Blah

Hello everyone,

I'm considering purchasing a 12" iBook from Apple before I head of to university in September.
I was wondering, does anyone have ideas on the best time to buy it? I don't want to go out an purchase an iBook one day ... just to have Apple roll out a new iBook or introduce a summer back to school sale a week later. Does Apple usually hold some sort of sale or something every summer? So what would be the best time to purchase my iBook? Can anyone help me on this one?

Thanks,
-Quack Blah

OP
I

Icarus

make sure you get the educational discount - greatest thing ever. I dunno about any sale though

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Quack_Blah said:
Hello everyone,

I'm considering purchasing a 12" iBook from Apple before I head of to university in September.
I was wondering, does anyone have ideas on the best time to buy it? I don't want to go out an purchase an iBook one day ... just to have Apple roll out a new iBook or introduce a summer back to school sale a week later. Does Apple usually hold some sort of sale or something every summer? So what would be the best time to purchase my iBook? Can anyone help me on this one?

Thanks,
-Quack Blah

You might look at Mac Rumors.

OP
A

Ameen

i'm considering getting an eMac but i don't want to get one now because Apple may bring out an newer versions of the eMac

OP
I

iBert

rumor about new G5 eMac or iMac

Ameen said:
i'm considering getting an eMac but i don't want to get one now because Apple may bring out an newer versions of the eMac

Not sure which one is, but their is a rumor about a new G5 eMac or iMac being show at Paris Mac Expo. Maybe wait for that time, and see what happens.

iBert

OP
T

TylerMoney

I don't think there will be any new ones for several months...you should be ok to buy now.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
iBert said:
Not sure which one is, but their is a rumor about a new G5 eMac or iMac being show at Paris Mac Expo. Maybe wait for that time, and see what happens.

iBert
...the iMac G5 *IS* coming to Macworld Paris. Apple even said it.

The eMac will get an update in early 2005, I predict...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.