Dictionary prediction

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz, Macbook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
how do you turn this feature off? it's annoying if you're trying to write to someone in a different language..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
There doesn't appear to be a way to do it, at least with the current version of iPhone firmware (1.1.1). I just went through the settings on my iPhone, and then Googled it and looked around. You're apparently not the only one who has found this annoying when using a couple languages.

Look around, but don't be surprised if you find nothing to help for now. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
While I don't have the iPhone I do have the iPod Touch. And I do find the feature annoying at certain time especially when typing in other languages. BUT I noticed with the iPod that while I am typing and I see the Dictionary Auto prediction if I hit the small "x" on the right top corner on a couple of words in a row that feature turns off.

The only way I was able to turn it back on in going back to the Keyboard settings and resetting the Dictionary feature and then it comes back again.

I just stumbled on it by luck, not sure if it'd would work for the iPhone but they are basically one in the same OS so it should, give it a shot and let me know.

Cheers

Mina

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz, Macbook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
While I don't have the iPhone I do have the iPod Touch. And I do find the feature annoying at certain time especially when typing in other languages. BUT I noticed with the iPod that while I am typing and I see the Dictionary Auto prediction if I hit the small "x" on the right top corner on a couple of words in a row that feature turns off.

The only way I was able to turn it back on in going back to the Keyboard settings and resetting the Dictionary feature and then it comes back again.

I just stumbled on it by luck, not sure if it'd would work for the iPhone but they are basically one in the same OS so it should, give it a shot and let me know.

Cheers

Mina

thanks for replying! i actually did try clicking the little X but nothing happened =/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.