music deletion problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
i delete music by folder. iTunes still displays it. Im tired of having old tracks displayed that I dont even have anymore. What is the easiest way to fix this?

Reaction score
the easiest thing to do is go into your itunes program, and delete all your music *CAUTION.... Itunes will prompt you with an are you sure you want to delete... say yes... you'll then get a second screen that says remove files to recycle bin NOOOO you do not want to delete the actual files... you are just deleting the reference to the location of those files so Itunes knows where the music is...

After that... simply go to file/add folder to library, you will get a popup box, point it to your itunes music folder and it will be an accurate representation of what music you have.

In the future... delete music using itunes... and when you get the dialogue box that asks you tot send to trash... hit yet, and it will delete that reference, as well as the file itself... hope that helps.

Jason

OP
ibookclamman300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
can i delete it as a bulk? if so how?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
1. Apple + A
2. Delete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
if there are certain artists you want to keep you can hold down command and click on what you want to delete, then hit the delete key and proceed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.