USB to HPNA/Ethernet Adapter connectivity issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16Ghz 120GB 1G Ram
Dear All,

I am very new here and definitely need some help with my new macbook.
I am switching from a Windows Pc so you all know the obvious difficulty in getting a grip of things here. Let me get to my issue first

I have USB to HPNA/Ethernet adapter which connects from the telephone lines to my mac through a USB. Now the problem is it neither recognises the USB nor a new connection. I searched in the net by connecting my old Dell PC and found out there are obvious connection issues between the USB based ethernet adapters and Mac. I found a certain pegasus driver will help me identify the adapter and in turn help me to connect to internet.

I did that and found that there was a difference. Firstly the light on HPNA option was glowing like it used to glow for the connection made thru PC. Then in the Internet option I saw a new port Ethernet Adapater (en2).
The problem was it still did not connect to any site and there was no connectivity.

:Oops: Now I am not sure how to set up the internet option cause it keeps asking for a IP and subnet gateway. Normally in PC I used to connect the USB and I can use the net.But it seems harder here. Can anyone help ? Urgently require it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16Ghz 120GB 1G Ram
Well I wanted to check whether I would be able to connect to internet through my macbook. I achieved that by connecting through airport at my office, by just entering the ip,subnet mask and default gateway along with the various DNS details (just like my PC notebook). But the problem was that I choose the manual option and did the whole thing.

Lets assume I go for a wireless router and do the set up with my broadband, all these features should be detected by default. In that case what should be the option I should choose in Network Preferences???

Also if anyone knows the solution for the USB Ethernet adapter please reply..

Thanks a ton in advance..

Reaction score
If you do get a router, I definitely suggest protecting it with a password or encryption of some sort. in your system preference screen, go to Network, then double click Airport, then click TCP/IP, set it to "using DHCP" (that is the type of automatic IP addressing) then click the airport icon at the top of the screen and connect as you did at your office.... hope that helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.