• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Finally got the new 24" iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3, 13" Macbook 1.8 ghz duo core, iPod nano (1st generation), iPod Shuffle
I'm so happy!

I took the week off work just to play with the new machine. So far today, I've transferred all my music and photos, and opened the .Mac account.

i'll send pictures as soon as i figure out how to get them from my computer up to this site...

what was the first thing you did when you got your new machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I'm so happy!

I took the week off work just to play with the new machine. So far today, I've transferred all my music and photos, and opened the .Mac account.

i'll send pictures as soon as i figure out how to get them from my computer up to this site...

what was the first thing you did when you got your new machine?

Photobooth. What else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro...2.4GHZ intel, 2GB Ram
I ripped all of my music into iTunes in the lossless format...I'm thinking the new wireless keyboard and a wireless Mighty Mouse are in the near future as well, I prefer to use those at home, it's a little easier on the wrists.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Photobooth haha - I loved the effects.
I was thrilled just putting in my name when I turned it on lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Congrats! My university has some brand new ones in the library, so I go play with them whenever I feel the itch. After some time typing on the new keyboard, I found them to not be as bad as I imagined.

Of course, you have to have some private fun with Photobooth whenever you have a new Mac! Just to see how many weird affects and funny face combinations you can think of.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
wow... photobooth was definitely not one of the first things i did :p
when i got my new machine, since i was so new to mac... i opened itunes for some familiarity, than went off and looked for the mac control panel!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I suffered from tweak withdrawal when I first got my mac. Then I played with photobooth.

OP
bombat67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3, 13" Macbook 1.8 ghz duo core, iPod nano (1st generation), iPod Shuffle
I agree photo booth is a hoot.

I've been spending most of my time putting together breathtaking photos for my desktop and the screen saver. I set the desktop photos to rotate every 10 minutes or so. They are so sharp and clear I go 'ooh and ahh.'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Is leaopard modifying Photobooth at all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I got my itunes library just how I want it. Yes that's the first thing I did. Then I registered my mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
Haha.

I dont see what the hype is with photobooth?

Can you download new affects?

If so then i'll spend a little more time on it! lol!

I think i was dying to upload music and pics too, oh oh and use the remote!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
POS Dell right now. 2.8 ghz pentium 4 256mb RAM and 40GB HD
I don't have my MBP until May but I know what I'm gonig to do first. Transfer all of my files, install some apps, and get my hands on pixelmator for some killer photo editing. If it's like photoshop I should be able to pick it up easy. I'm so excited! Come December I get my Canon 30D and Canon 70-200 F/4 L lens so I should have some amazing photos to play with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I suffered from tweak withdrawal when I first got my mac. Then I played with photobooth.

I *still* suffer from tweak withdrawal! That is why it is nice to have Linux around too. There is a "tweak balance" between the two:

Tweak Withdrawal on the Mac + Tweak Overload on Linux = Tweak Happiness overall :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.