• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

newbie, how to do this, how to do that?

C

chrislee88

very new to Mac, got a Mac,

questions:

1. how to download iso off 'net? I click on the link, it shows weird character instead of download the file.

2. I have a G4, how do i open up two browsers at the same time?
I opened one, then click on the safari again, it just won't open another browser.

thanks

OP
W

WilliS

1. try holding control and clicking on the link and saving it to the desktop or something.

2. press command + n (the key next to the spacebar that has an apple on it)

command + n: makes a new window
command + t: makes a new tab in the same window (you have to have tabs activated in preferences of safari)

OP
C

chrislee88

how to eject a cd? there is no button, and no right click.

lol

i m such a mac idiot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
top right hand of your keyboard should be an up arrow with a line under it.. push it and your tray will eject or the cd with eject.. or you can drag your cd on the desktop to the trash and it will eject it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Also if it is interpreted by the finder as mounted, open finder and see it listed in the top left side (above the grey line) under Macintosh harddrive, a small eject symbol and click that - like you would your digital cam

OP
C

chrislee88

is there any software to burn iso to the cd?

i meant any comes with the powerbook g4 OS 9?

forgot to thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
What is it an ISO of?

OP
W

WilliS

im not too sure about that.

but i would suggest you try os x if it is available to you, os 9 is a headache in comparison to x

OP
C

chrislee88

ISO of Debian.
ISO images of anything that is on my ftp.

just general ISO CD image file.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
An ISO on your harddrive needs to be in an application that burns CDs. Maybe this helps

OP
C

chrislee88

i know where to get the iso of debian.

i also downloaded the isos already.

Now i want to konw how to burn them into CD.

:p

OP
C

chrislee88

yes, i do

and when i do a quick look, it only seems to be burning audio and movie. how do i burn data cd ?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
An ISO is a CD image, comparable to a DMG on the Mac.

I know that Toast can burn ISO images to CD, that's the way i burn them. I think the Mac OS X built-in Disk Utility can do it too, though I'm not sure, as I never tried it.
Toast is a commercial program and not included with the system.
OS 9 can't do ISO's and I would highly suggest to upgrade to OS X... you will see that it's a lot easier to use for an ex-Windows user. ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
chrislee88 said:
is there any software to burn iso to the cd?

i meant any comes with the powerbook g4 OS 9?

forgot to thank you!

In your Disk Utility (application > utilities) there is a option to BURN cd's wether it'll recognize your ISO is another thing.

On the commerical front, you can buy a copy of Roxio Toast 6 Titanium not sure is it compatible with OS9, I think you'll need Toast 5 for that. But no harm in trying.

witeshark said:
Do you have iDVD?

Witeshark, sometimes you come up with the most strangest support for a user. Nothing personal but may I suggest this, if your not too sure about what an application does, don't post anything... It's less confussing for them or at least find out first, who know's you might learn something. :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Oh, so that means that Disk Utility CAN read and burn ISOs... good to know ;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.