Website Fonts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
Hi,

I made a mac website and I made a fancy font (Party LET) for my title, but my friends can only see the title as Arial or Times New Roman. Also, in IE the title is chopped in to 2 lines when in other browsers it's only one. Why is this happening? My son is the only one who can see exactly as it's supposed to be on his firefox. My friends has AOL. One of my friends tested Firefox on her pc and she finally was able to see the title with one line but the fonts are still Arial or Times New Roman, not Party LET. Does anyone understand why this is happening?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Turn the title into an image so others can see the font. You may have the Party LET font installed on your computer, but I don't have it installed on mine. Arial and Times New Roman are default fonts so that's what everyone is going to have. Since I don't have the Party LET font my browser is going to turn it into Arial so I can still view it.

Reaction score
If the people who are viewing the website don't have the font on their system, they will see a default font rather than the one you intended. In your case it's probably better to create an image file and use it as a banner.

UPDATE: **Eric beat me to this :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
Turn the title into an image so others can see the font. You may have the Party LET font installed on your computer, but I don't have it installed on mine. Arial and Times New Roman are default fonts so that's what everyone is going to have. Since I don't have the Party LET font my browser is going to turn it into Arial so I can still view it.

How do I turn the title into an image? Just give me step by step instructions if possible.

Thanks

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
How do I turn the title into an image? Just give me step by step instructions if possible.

Thanks

open up a graphics package eg photoshop, select the type tool, select your font, type in the text, save as a gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Or if you already have the title on a webpage, just take a quick screenshot of the title (command+shift+4) and use the resulting image instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Do you think it may help much?
Yes, as then the title would be an image that would look the same on all computers everywhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.