Garageband question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I just started to dapple in Garageband, and this software is amazing! I was looking for a button to imort music already on my computer into it though, and couldn't find it. I can only open .band extensions, not .mp3. Why is this? And also, can i get rid of that beating sound i get when each beat is played during recording?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
I just started to dapple in Garageband, and this software is amazing! I was looking for a button to imort music already on my computer into it though, and couldn't find it. I can only open .band extensions, not .mp3. Why is this? And also, can i get rid of that beating sound i get when each beat is played during recording?

One of the options on the right side of garage band is the media browser. You can browse your iTunes library and simply drag songs to tracks. Opening files and worrying about extensions, hehe, recent windows convert? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Heya :)

First thing, to import a track you want simply open up finder, find the file in question and drag it into the project in garageband and voila :D

As for the "beating sound" thats a metronome and will become your bestestestest friend in future recordings. But for now if you want to turn it off, look up on one of the menus at the top (like where file is etc) and you will see the option for metronome on or off.

(sorry i cant be more precise but ive gone to using logic now and havent fired up gargaeband in a while)

~~ TS ~~

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Yea illy5603, i am a switcher, and i'm definitely starting to love my mac. But cool, thanks for your help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.