Podcasting radio show

Reaction score
I need help with setting up a podcast. I work for a radio station and I am trying to get my radio show recorded on my mac and make it into a podcast to put on the internet.

I know it has to be done with Garage band I am just not sure if I need certain audio cables so the music and my voice is being recorded on my mac while at the same time being brodcasted over my radio station. Anyone help me with this??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
What you are describing (simultaneous recording and broadcasting) sounds like a stream not a podcast. Podcasts are arranged like recordings with a band using tracks. Music is imported and tracked and your voice overs are tracked.

Do you already record your broadcasts with in studio recording equipment? If so, your best bet is just to import that in to garage band after the show and create a podcast from there.

Creating them is super easy in garage band but getting them published onto the web is a whole different ballgame if you want them to behave like a professional podcast and not just another mp3.

Start here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.