i fried my g4 help!!!!

M

msbeth72

Hi...my fan broke in my G4 Titanium...and melted the inside....i now have a G3 Pismo 500Mhz..how can i check out the hard from the G4 to see if it works? i was able to save the airport card (and put it in the G3) could i get one of those external firewire or usb cases for the harddrive? ANY HELP or comments are very much appreciated :confused:

OP
W

WilliS

try calling apple. maybe they have some sort of warrantee if something like that happens. im sad to hear that your computer melted :-\ but i would first get in touch with the manufacturer of the fan or apple and let them know how upset you are because of this faulty hardware ruining your computer.... they may have something to say.

if not, you can try a firewire drive to recover your data... try www.cooldrives.com or search on google for them..im sure you can get a cheap on somewhere out there

OP
M

msbeth72

WilliS said:
try calling apple. maybe they have some sort of warrantee if something like that happens. im sad to hear that your computer melted :-\ but i would first get in touch with the manufacturer of the fan or apple and let them know how upset you are because of this faulty hardware ruining your computer.... they may have something to say.

if not, you can try a firewire drive to recover your data... try www.cooldrives.com or search on google for them..im sure you can get a cheap on somewhere out there

well....it was my fault...i dropped it...and there's no more warrantee...but i'm kind of hesitant to purchase a case if it isn't even going to work, i suppose i could take it in somewhere...thanks for that link by the way

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.