Credit Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I printed out my $100 credit and have the code and everything...however I traded that original iPhone for a replacement because it had screen defects..(I still have yet to get a good one after 2 replacements.) Anyway, is there any danger someone would get my old one as a refurb and be able to use the serial and get the credit? What I'm asking is, is my store credit in danger? I was going to wait til Leopard to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's possible as it has happened for some people. How about you try and get a new code. And if that doesn't work, then just explain the situation to the manager and perhaps he/she can help you out.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
So you think I should get a new code even though I still have the one from my original phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I would assume there is some sort of database that Apple has where it lists what phone numbers were registered to what serial# and when. It'd be odd if they didn't seeing anyone could grab an iPhone, plug in the serial and phone # and get an instant $100.
It could be possible it's happened to someone but that seems strange. I would think you could get some help if someone used your Apple credit but I also think Apple would change the serial# on the phone before giving it to someone new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
same thing happened to me, doesnt matter, they scan it- it works.

dont worry :)

edit: its connected to your phone number more than the serial, they said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Yeah.... the credit goes based on the serial #...

originally the serial number on your first phone showed you paid 600, when you returned it your new receipt got an attached serial #... so no worries apple is the best especially when it comes to tracking records...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.