Hypercard Stacks (Stupid Question)

Reaction score
Okay, i will try to keep this short.
I took a hypercard class and made about 20 hypercard stacks. I wanted to take these stacks home, so I copied them to a zip disk. Once home, I mounted the disk in my linux system, set my Unix root setting in basilisk 2 to the disk, and copied my folder over. The problem is, though I have hypercard reader installed, for some reason it does not recognise the stacks. Can somebody please tell me how to get it to pick up the stacks?

I am running bare bone 7.5.5, Basilisk 2, on Kubuntu Dapper, If it helps.

Thanks in advance.

OP
R
Reaction score
Well seeing as nobody cares, I will post my true feelings about apple.

Its crap. It sucks. I can't even open my hypercard files. Its pricey. OS X is a copy of KDE. I can't even comprehend an operating system not powerful enough to change file name extensions. I have dumped my emulator, and the stacks.

Thanks for all of your help, you guys are real life savers.

Reaction score
I must be missing something here. Hypercard stacks on a Zip disk running under Kubuntu with a System 7 emulator? And it doesn't work? And it is Apple's fault?!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
takes all kinds

Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
OS X is a copy of KDE.

rowdy, this is absolutely untrue. As a Kubuntu user, I am sure that you must be aware that the OS X GUI and KDE have wholly different origins and development teams. Further "OS X" refers to the complete OS - "KDE" refers only to a powerful desktop environment that runs on top of an OS. In fact, you can run KDE on OS X via the good graces of tools such as DarwinPorts if you wish.

There is a HUGE difference between the two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Okay, i will try to keep this short.
I took a hypercard class and made about 20 hypercard stacks. I wanted to take these stacks home, so I copied them to a zip disk. Once home, I mounted the disk in my linux system, set my Unix root setting in basilisk 2 to the disk, and copied my folder over. The problem is, though I have hypercard reader installed, for some reason it does not recognise the stacks. Can somebody please tell me how to get it to pick up the stacks?

I am running bare bone 7.5.5, Basilisk 2, on Kubuntu Dapper, If it helps.

Thanks in advance.

Try here:

http://kubuntuforums.net/

;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Maybe try a newer version of Mac OS? at least 9.2.2 or on?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.