MacDrive safe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15'' MBP Santa Rosa, 2.2 , 8600M GT, 120GB 5400RPM, DL DVD+/-RW SuperDrive
Hi all,
Still getting used to my MBP but I had a concern about MacDrive 7. I read some reports that it can slowly corrupt your OS X partition if you use it too much, is this true? All I need it to do is transfer some Word, Excel, and PPT files to the OS X partition every couple days, possibly some larger NetBeans project files every now and then. Can anyone who has used the latest version give some feedback on this subject? Thanks!

EDIT:
24 reads and no takers huh? I guess this means no one has used it or everyone had horror stories with it. I'll assume the latter.

Reaction score
I use it with my Mac Mini

I have a Mac Mini running Boot Camp. I also have an external USB drive formatted HFS+.

I use MacDrive to access the Mac partition of the hard drive as well as access the files on my external drive. I have been running this setup for over a year. No hiccups.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
MacDrive has been around for years and years. My guess is that any file system safety issues have long since been ironed out. I would expect that it is pretty safe... this of course from someone who doesn't actually USE the product, so take this for what it is worth!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15'' MBP Santa Rosa, 2.2 , 8600M GT, 120GB 5400RPM, DL DVD+/-RW SuperDrive
Thanks! = ) Hopefully I won't have it eating away at my NB projects = D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.