How many?

Reaction score
I am currently a blackberry user and considering a iphone. I use 4 email accounts frequently, is this also possible with the iphone?

Thanks,

Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I have 5 going right now, not sure there is a limit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've got 3 accounts on mine.

Reaction score
I have a blackberry (8830) and Iphone.. I dont recommend the Iphone for email. Once you have used blackberry you will never want to use anything else for email. iphone is a great consumer device and nothing more than a basic cell phone email device like most phones on the market but it has nice user interface and of course an ipod and few others apps. The blackberry is the ultimate email and phone device and nothing on the market can beat it in this area.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
I have a blackberry (8830) and Iphone.. I dont recommend the Iphone for email. Once you have used blackberry you will never want to use anything else for email. iphone is a great consumer device and nothing more than a basic cell phone email device like most phones on the market but it has nice user interface and of course an ipod and few others apps. The blackberry is the ultimate email and phone device and nothing on the market can beat it in this area.

Why do you think this, could you give some examples.

Reaction score
Why do you think this, could you give some examples.

Well the first big negative is not having push email(what the iphone has is not real push email), takes forever to load on edge even on wi-fi slow to load. Dont even bother trying to hook it up with exchange(probably not important for the average consumer). If you have a blackberry for work most places wont let you switch off them for security reasons... Handling attachments on the iphone is a task.. Blackberry has no problem you can download and edit them and send them back out.

Like I said I use both. And for email once you go blackberry you will never use anything else.. Dont just buy one phone go test them out if you really need email and email is your main priority and you need it dependable all the time then get a blackberry. If your an average user who just wants to shoot off 2-3 emails a week vs 10+ a day than the iphone will do just fine..

So far I am really disappointed in the iphone as a phone, but as a PDA and ipod and internet device its great.

So far pros of my blackberry,

Push email, handles attachments better, dont need edge or wifi to get my email and its instant.
Phone quality is better on the blackberry
Battery life is better on the blackberry (not really fair to compare since I use the iphone as an ipod mostly since the blackberrys media player sucks)
Never have to wait for the internet its always on and its EVDO, I can also tether that EVDO speed to my laptop for no additional cost.
Have dropped it 5+ times very hard and it works great
Can replace the battery with a spare if needed
Built in GPS
Has both CDMA and GSM radios along with a sim card and is fully unlocked so I can travel to any country buy a sim card and use it overseas. Or I can pay for international plan and get blackberry data and voice while overseas.

So far pros of Iphone,
Great display, great design feels great to hold in the hand.
Camera (photo app is great)
The worlds best Ipod
Safari browsers blows the blackberrys out of the water and navigating with the touch screen on the iphone again blows the blackberrys pearl navigation out of the water.
Really nice apps on the iphone.

But when it comes down to it the iphone is a consumer device like all apple products and was never targeted at the business side like all apple products. At the end of the day the blackberry is the best business device you can buy, and the iphone is the best consumer cell phone for everyday tasks and then some.

I dont mean to come start trouble over here. I am a hard core Mac fan but I am just presenting what I like about both my blackberry 8830 and Iphone, and at the end of the day if I had to chose one I would pick my blackberry. But what works for me wont work for everyone and if your the average person then you probably dont need a blackberry and dont want to pay the extra cost to run a blackberry since you do need a different data plan than normal phones. Like I said both are different machines one is business one and consumer.

But to the OP go get an iphone and try it out. You can get one for 14 days and return if it you dont like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I totally agree with Andrew. If you're really into email, especially of the corporate kind, the iPhone is going to give you trouble. My cousin works for a company and finds the iPhone practically unusable when it comes to email since he has to handle 50+ emails a day.

But if you're only a mild user who just wants his phone to check his email throughout the day, then the iPhone is just perfect. I have mine set to check for new mail every 15 minutes across three accounts. I only have to reply to a couple, which is no problem at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard

I have been a BB user for years. I agree that BB's are great phones for email and etc...however the iphones email when set to the right settings of how often to check for email works great. The keyboard may not be as user friendly as the BB but it does have wifi which to me speaks volumes. My iphone email allows me to do basically the same as my BB except it does not allow you to delete multiple messages which can be a drag. My favorite par of the Iphone verses the BB is not having to pay blackberry's outrageous internet fee to be on the internet.

Reaction score
I am in this boat right now, and with the IPhone not being able to work with Exchange, it is making my life. I love my IPhone and must go back to a BB because of this. If you are a heavy email user, the IPhone is a tough one.

Reaction score
Did I mention the fact that if you send one email you have to wait until it finishes sending before you can send another email? My blackberry doesnt have that problem at all..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.