My IPHONE has the touch defect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Yep, this screen defect that people have been seeing in their ipod touches is in my iPhone. I just got a replacement one for dead pixels, and when I started using it, I thought it seemed way too dark compared to the previous one I had. I then remembered the screen defects in the new touches, and I tested a video and I'm pretty positive I have the problem, going to the genius bar tomorrow.....again.

Reaction score
im pretty sure apple could fix that in a software update. it almost looks like the gamma is off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Yep, this screen defect that people have been seeing in their ipod touches is in my iPhone. I just got a replacement one for dead pixels, and when I started using it, I thought it seemed way too dark compared to the previous one I had. I then remembered the screen defects in the new touches, and I tested a video and I'm pretty positive I have the problem, going to the genius bar tomorrow.....again.
Out of curiosity, what week was your iphone made? (the 4th & 5th digits of the serial number)

My iPhone has the issue too, though to a lesser degree than the iPod Touch I tried out.

My phone is week 33, series 7 lcd.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Out of curiosity, what week was your iphone made? (the 4th & 5th digits of the serial number)

My iPhone has the issue too, though to a lesser degree than the iPod Touch I tried out.

My phone is week 33, series 7 lcd.

The 4th digit is 3, and the 5th is 6. I dunno what that means, but there's your answer. I'm sure they'll give me a new phone again, but this will be my 5th trip to the genius bar and the 3rd time waiting for orders to reach different places. I almost feel like demanding a new one on the spot, I'm sick of all this waiting! I'm a college student and it's really hard for me to get to an Apple store except on weekends, when I have time to travel to get to one.:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
That means you have a week 36. For the ipod touches, the week 36 & 37 had the bad screens, while the week 38 generally doesn't. I would assume this applies to the iphones as well.
I'm waiting for week 38 stock of iphones before trying to exchange mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
ugh! I instantly thought my iphone seemed darker when I got the replacement, and now I look and its '36'

crap.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try playing a video and seeing if it's hard to watch dark scenes....I just got back from the store and this time they gave me a fresh one out of a sealed box....the only problem is now I have the problem I described in this thread, I JUST CAN'T WIN!! I've read the dot problem is pretty common and I'm really sick of the apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
i just compared my phone to my dads who got his on june 30th. Mine is def darker. I watched some videos on youtube, theyre watchable. I might let it go. Might.....

Reaction score
I discoverred the best way to check for the negative black effect. Load up the default wallpaper (picture of earth) and get to the unlock screen. Look at the top "bar" where the clock is. If you dont have the problem the "bar" will have a natural transition from grey at the top to black at the bottom. If you have a faulty screen then you will see a well defined horizontal line halfway down the "bar" where it all of the sudden gets brighter again instead of becoming fully black.

mine has the problem too. My first phone had a good screen, except it was loose and make a creaking sound when i pushed it. It was replaced at the genius bar. The new one has the negative black problem. At first i thought it was because i was using an "anti-glare" screen protector. So i took it off tonight and it still has the problem. I have a week 32 7 series screen. Looks like i'll have to call up tech support again tomorrow and get it replaced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.