• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

you guys want to talk about my good news?

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
if not, we can talk about my bad news. you pick.

good news: i'm a department manager at best buy. the top 8 managers from my department in the company get to go to this achiever's conference. this quarter's conference is on an all expenses paid cruise to cozumel. it's a 5 day cruise. myself and my girlfriend are going with a bunch of other manager's from my store. we meet with all the vendors and there's literally thousands of dollars in give aways handed to each person throughout the trip. there's a few meetings to go to, but we get paid for 32 hours of work for the 5 days we are there. i leave october 13th :) .

bad news: i moved into a nice new apartment with my gf on the first of september. it's by far the nicest place i've ever lived at since i moved out of my parent's place years ago. certainly a huge step up from the drinking, party house i lived at for the last two years. 2 nights ago, i'm laying in bed thinking about how great life is and how much i like the new place and living with my gf. the gf rolls over, looks at me and says, "i hate this place, i'm miserable here, and i think our relationship is bad." :Oops:

ask me anything :*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Congrats on the Vacation!!!!
Condolences on the gf!!!!

I'm sure there are lots of other ladies that would be happy to take here place on the cruise.

:D

OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats on the Vacation!!!!
Condolences on the gf!!!!

I'm sure there are lots of other ladies that would be happy to take here place on the cruise.

:D

we didn't break up. i'm sure we'll work through it. she's still going with me on the cruise.

she doesn't handle major lifestyle changes very well and is upset i'm never home. i'm sure which a routine is established, she'll be fine with everything. she needs a sense of normality for her to be comfortable with things from what i've noticed. the apartment becomes more of a home and less of a place to live every day. we both work full time and go to school full time so things are coming along slowly but surely.

i'm pretty sure this will work out in a few weeks.

i also think this vacation will do us both some good.

Yup, what Ride said.
yup, what i said. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
You should let her stay and get use to "home" while you guys are on vacation for a week. You vacation - the cruise, her vacation - a wake up call.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
we didn't break up. i'm sure we'll work through it. she's still going with me on the cruise.

she doesn't handle major lifestyle changes very well and is upset i'm never home. i'm sure which a routine is established, she'll be fine with everything. she needs a sense of normality for her to be comfortable with things from what i've noticed. the apartment becomes more of a home and less of a place to live every day. we both work full time and go to school full time so things are coming along slowly but surely.

i'm pretty sure this will work out in a few weeks.

i also think this vacation will do us both some good.

yup, what i said. ;D

Well then.... Congrats on the vacation, and congrats on the gf.

;D

OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should let her stay and get use to "home" while you guys are on vacation for a week. You vacation - the cruise, her vacation - a wake up call.
rofl. i'm sure i could find some hot broad to go to cozumel with me. i like it.
Well then.... Congrats on the vacation, and congrats on the gf.

;D

wait until i know i got it fixed to congratulate. thanks though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Whoa, has she not had enough change in life to learn to cope? Or maybe she's had too much!? ;)

OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whoa, has she not had enough change in life to learn to cope? Or maybe she's had too much!? ;)
if anything, slightly more traumatic life than the average girl her age, but nothing crazy. i think it's just how she is.

i'm sure i can pull this together. she loves TV, so the cable was installed the other day and i spent the evening wiring up entertainment center. i also purchased her a DVD player for the bedroom. she was very pleased about that.

my jetta that i'm building is almost done too so i'm sure she'll be pleased when that is done because i won't be in my shop every free minute i'm not in school or work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Or maybe a trip to a jewelry store (not necessarily for "The Ring") for a nice little gift.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
hmm... bestbuy never sent me on a trip. they just sold me to Accenture.

;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
if anything, slightly more traumatic life than the average girl her age, but nothing crazy. i think it's just how she is.

i'm sure i can pull this together. she loves TV, so the cable was installed the other day and i spent the evening wiring up entertainment center. i also purchased her a DVD player for the bedroom. she was very pleased about that.

my jetta that i'm building is almost done too so i'm sure she'll be pleased when that is done because i won't be in my shop every free minute i'm not in school or work.

You want to make her buy my MKIV as a daily beater? She owed you one...er...a couple...

OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Or maybe a trip to a jewelry store (not necessarily for "The Ring") for a nice little gift.
you've apparently never repaired a VW while being a moderately paid retail employee while paying for college and a nice apartment and needing an xbox 360, an iphone, and a new mac.
You want to make her buy my MKIV as a daily beater? She owed you one...er...a couple...
:eek: specs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
you've apparently never repaired a VW while being a moderately paid retail employee while paying for college and a nice apartment and needing an xbox 360, an iphone, and a new mac.

:eek: specs?

1.8t 04 Jetta GLS. EIP Chip, CAI, 3" TBE. 200ish whp/25ish ft/lb tq

18x8+5mm spacer up front
18x9+15mm spacer in the rear

HP Evos.

53k miles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
we both work full time and go to school full time so things are coming along slowly but surely.

So you work full time, go to school full time and still manage a life with your gf AND worked hard enough to win this huge vacation? I gotta give a big congrats to that and hide my envious feelings!

OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8t 04 Jetta GLS. EIP Chip, CAI, 3" TBE. 200ish whp/25ish ft/lb tq

18x8+5mm spacer up front
18x9+15mm spacer in the rear

HP Evos.

53k miles.

ballin! pics?

So you work full time, go to school full time and still manage a life with your gf AND worked hard enough to win this huge vacation? I gotta give a big congrats to that and hide my envious feelings!
don't buy hype. i'm a manager at best buy. you can't ask for an easier job that pays that well while going to school when you factor in the local economy. my job is easy and requires approximately 35-40 hours a week. i'm not putting in like 50 or 60 hours while taking 9 classes or something. i only take 5-6 classes a semester too. and clearly i don't manage my gf that well. lol.

Reaction score
Perhaps it is my Scottish heritage coming out in me, but perhaps it is good this happened before the trip - why share thousands of dollars of gifts (not to count the trip) with someone who doesn't like the apartment or (sorry) you. I would enjoy the trip by myself or find someone else to share it with.

OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Perhaps it is my Scottish heritage coming out in me, but perhaps it is good this happened before the trip - why share thousands of dollars of gifts (not to count the trip) with someone who doesn't like the apartment or (sorry) you. I would enjoy the trip by myself or find someone else to share it with.

did you read the whole thread?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's

Agreed!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.