New Question for Phone Geeks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Ok, so i just found out the Tytn II is coming out at the end of this month, and it will be 350, which means I can get for about 250-300 on a different site. I can get a 4gb iPhone for 300 and then unlock and just use it as a phone wiht no 20 dollar a month charge.

So does anybody have any suggestions on which I should get? I know the Tytn II has better features but it is also running windows.

I know this is subjective and that I recently had a thread like this, but I am just looking for some opinions.

Gracias

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
Get the iPhone.Trust me buddy.I passed on the TYTNII (I can get it branded by HTC for 500 already unlocked!).The iPhone with future firmware upgrades will be the shiznic.And im speaking from the point of view as a heavy weight when it comes to mobile phones.I have never personally spent less than 400.00 on a mobile until now!All the low end mobile phones that i do own(low end meaning 200.00-300.00)were sent to me in the prototype stage which is actually the final stage and the company just needing to know what to add to Over the air or sync. firmware versions.I have never purchased a mobile under 600.00.you can check my ebay feedback to see the kind of phones i have sold:southernint3l is the name!
The iphone is a more than revolutionary mobile.Do research if you do not believe me.The TYTNII is hella bulky and feels cheap(I have played with 1 for a review for another forum i am apart of)but as far as the iPhone.I have never seen a mobile with the functions and capability it carries for such a small device.If you own a windblows pc then go with the TYTNII and lets see how much you come back here whining like others will do after future firmware updates that apple is going to bestow on the iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I gave up the 8525 (aka HTC Hermes) for the iPhone. I used it for the month before the iPhone came out. But I still ended up buying the iPhone, and it is a far superior phone. Not in terms of features, but superior in terms of usability and design.

I could go on and on about how great the iPhone is, but the simple fact of the matter is that once you use it, you don't care about how many features that other phone has. Trust me, the iPhone is well worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I gave up the 8525 (aka HTC Hermes) for the iPhone. I used it for the month before the iPhone came out. But I still ended up buying the iPhone, and it is a far superior phone. Not in terms of features, but superior in terms of usability and design.

I could go on and on about how great the iPhone is, but the simple fact of the matter is that once you use it, you don't care about how many features that other phone has. Trust me, the iPhone is well worth it.

Thank you for adding to this.Listen Shannonb the iphone does not have the firmware.Like most mobile phones and even Microsoft of windows mobile.They accumulate the responses of customer complaints before releasing more efficient firmware updates(or in windows mobile pocket pc/smartphones rom updates).So go with it!and be patient!

OP
Shannonb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Thank you for your responses, I'm now leaning towards the iphone.

Can anybody comfirm that with an unlock, it will be able to work as a normal phone without the 20 dollar a month charge?

And ibookmobile2007, sent you a pm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for your responses, I'm now leaning towards the iphone.

Can anybody comfirm that with an unlock, it will be able to work as a normal phone without the 20 dollar a month charge?

And ibookmobile2007, sent you a pm.
Ill get to your pm.First of all SIMFREE is an application that will truly unlock the mobile(which i was able to get via a good friend!)Where i can use all 7 of my Sim Cards(5 Cingular 2 T-Mobile) without hassle.I was even given re assurance that if the new firmware updates re-locks the iPhone all i have to do is go through the application again and im good as platinum..
Regards

Reaction score
You may want to read this if you plan on unlocking your phone.

For the lazy. It basically states that future firmware updates may break the unlock. Especially if the Modem Firmware (what the unlock patches) gets a significant upgrade, it's very, very likely that it's game over for the current unlocks.

Now thats not saying that other unlock methods will be developed, but who knows what the future holds. Just ask those who purchased there phone at launch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.