mighty mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I just got the mighty mouse, and im loving it, i was getting a little tired of the trackpad, especially for video games. My one problem is that you cant right click if your finger is still resting on the left side, you actually have to lift your finger, its a small complaint though...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That is the way the Mighty Mouse is designed. It works on the capacitance of the fingers and the way it knows right click is if only the right finger is resting on the right area of the mouse. I have gotten used to lifting my finger, but in my case I always did even with normal 2-3 button mice. It's just the way I am I guess, so it's never been an issue for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
The Mighty Mouse is alright. It's certainly better than any of Apple's 1-button mice (pure evil). Unfortunately the ability to right click withut needing to lift up your index finger first relies on space age technology to be given to us by advanced aliens otherwise Apple would have included it. The mouse supposedly has two other buttons, but I'll be ****ed if I can enable/find them. I like my Microsoft mouse. It has the space-age right clicking ability plus the scroll wheel can be pressed to enable that thing the Mac does where all open windows are visible on the screen and you can choose one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
I never really liked Apple's mice. Logitech all the way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.